Annie’s Best Apple Crisp
An apple crisp filled with flavor and aromatic from a wonderful combination of spices, is easy to serve to family and friends.
5- Gala apples peeled, cored and rough chopped into large 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 stick of butter, cut up into small pieces
1/2 cup of quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
Coating for apples
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1. Butter medium-sized casserole or baking dish.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In a small bowl, add apples and sprinkle mixture over apples and stir until apples are well coated.
4. In another medium bowl, combine crumble ingredients and cut in butter until crumble is pea sized and butter is evenly distributed.
5. Arrange apples in casserole.
6. Spoon crumble over apples and press down to fill in any cavities.
7. Bake in a pre-heated over for 40-45 minutes, making sure crumble doesn’t over brown.
8. Cool apple crisp and serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.